If you have specific questions, thoughts, or concerns not specifically addressed here, please feel free to contact us. We’d love to talk to you about our ministry and answer any questions you may have.
Our wells are built by tapping into the abundant artesian water, very near to the surface. They are dug relatively shallow, then naturally filtered and piped. Well construction is done by local Ugandans, thus providing work and economic stimulation to the communities as well as life-giving water.
YES! If you would like to build a well in someone’s honor (in memory of someone OR as a graduation gift, birthday gift, anniversary gift or any occasion.) We will set up an account on our website that you can donate too and share the link with others so they can donate as well. Once the well is fully funded it will be put in order received to be built! This meaningful gift will save lives and build a long lasting memorial for your loved one. If you know of a Hope Baby (baby or child who departed), please fill out a well submission form requesting the child’s name go onto our general well list.
It costs approximately $2,400 to build a well. Larger wells are available, where several springs come out in one location, requiring more material and pipes to protect it. If you are interested in funding one of these larger spring locations please contact us.
The wells take approximately three weeks to complete, beginning when John 4:14 receives the full amount to fund the well. This timeline can vary due to unseen factors such as weather, workers, etc.
A general well is a Hope Baby Well that needs funding and the family can’t provide the funds to build the well. Donations from our donors are necessary to build this kind of well. Here is the process for building a Hope Baby Well:
- Fill out the Well Submission Form selecting General Well. If you are able, please share your story with us.
- We will put your Hope Baby Well on our General Well List and. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee when or if your well will be funded, as rely on generous donors to fund wells on our general well list.
- As soon as your funds are raised for your well, we will send your funds in the order they were received. It is approximately three weeks from the time funds are wired until we receive pictures of your completed well, time frame will vary depending on weather, location of well, etc.
- We will e-mail you photos as soon as we receive them, then post them later on social media to allow you to share with family and friends first. If you need more time, please request a later upload date and we will be more than happy to accommodate.
Below is the process for fully funded well or those that are in the process of being fully funded.
- Fill out the Well Submission Form selecting Separate Well. If you are willing, we’d love for you to share your story with us so we can understand the heart or legacy behind the donation.
- If your well is fully funded, please send a check to: P.O. Box 3577, Midland, TX 79702 (must include well name in the memo line).
- If your well is not fully funded, we will put you on the separate well list. As soon as your well is fully funded, mail us a check in the remaining amount. Then, we will wire your funds to Uganda (takes about a week) and construction on your well will begin. It takes approximately three weeks to build the well, depending on Uganda’s weather during construction.
- As soon as we receive photos of your well, we will first share them with you and then share them on social media. We love celebrating clean water through the legacy of your loved one and sharing the good news with our ministry family on social media.
John 4:14 previously began as Holden Uganda, founded in December 2010, and quickly grew through grassroots fundraising beyond what any of the original founders, Chet and Sarah Erwin and JD and Kara Smith, ever imagined.
In 2013, the Erwins welcomed a second addition to their family and decided they were ready to retire from this campaign. We’re so grateful to the Erwins for the hard work, passion, effort, and energy they poured into beginning John 4:14. The ministry wouldn’t be in the place it is without their work the first three years.
With their departure, our team agreed to retire their son’s name and move forward with a new name voted on by our supporters.
Yes, all financial gifts are tax-deductible. We will send you a receipt for the amount you donate.
We are well aware of the fact that there are many developing countries with dire water situations. We felt the Lord lead us to share His love in Uganda, as many doors have been opened there. Uganda’s need for clean water is staggering, and we could literally build thousands of wells there before the need is diminished. If we ever feel that there is a need elsewhere that the Lord wants us to fulfill, we will certainly use the John 4:14 Foundation to meet that need.